Question

Questions

I use 2% low fat milk / yoghurt instead of fat-free is there really a big difference when it comes to a program like weighless?
Also i prefer to 100% Wholegrain bread instead of wholewheat and rye bread etc. Am i doing the right thing or should i try to stick to the fat-free and wholewheat products?

Dear Questions
The differences in energy and fat content of 2% and fat-free milk are: Energy 205 kJ vs 146 kJ and 1.9 g of fat vs 0.2 g of fat per 100 ml. Thus by using fat-free milk instead of 2% milk you 'save' 54 kJ and nearly 2 g of fat for every 100 ml you drink. The same applies to yoghurt: low-fat plain yoghurt provides 265 kJ and 1.6 g of fat per 100 ml, while fat-free plain yoghurt provides 233 kJ and 0.2 g of fat per 100 ml. I don't have the figures for 100% wholegrain bread, but it may also have a slightly higher energy content than standard wholewheat (930 kJ/100g) and rye (932 kJ/100g). I would recommend that you discuss the use of these foods with your Weigh-Less councillor and hear what she/he has to say.

1

Dear Questions