Posted by: Sandy N | 2008-12-12

Question - what do U think?

Hey guys.

What do you think. Can a relationship between a man and woman work out when the man is 16 years older than the woman?
What are your thoughts on it.
I am in a relationship with a guy I met through a friend of mine.
All is going great and we are both madly in love with the other, but we have only been together for a month.

Posted by: Sandy N | 2008-12-15

Thank you Mnandi. Your message really helped.
Words to live by.

I appreciate it more than you realise.

Reply to Sandy N
Posted by: Mnandi | 2008-12-12

Sandy N,
Your question just reminded me of something I read from Neale Donals Walsh' s Conversations With God (book one).

We are told:
" ...And so it is that the moment you pledge your highest love, you greet your greatest fear." 

" For the first thing you worry about after saying " I love you"  is whether you' ll hear it back. And if you hear it back, then you begin immediately to worry that the love you have just found, you will lose. And so all action becomes a reaction - defense against loss - even as you seek to defend yourself against loss of God."  p16.

Yet, he continues, if you knew and accepted who you are (how magnificent and most remarkable and spleding a being) you would not encounter this fear-driven doubt.

Who do you suppose is responsible to make a relationship (with or without such huge age difference) successful? You? Him? Or something exogeneous?

You can make that relationship whatever it is you want it to be. If you want it to go down to the rocks, allum it to be fear-driven! If you want it to be some force to be reckoned with and go places, allow love to guide you throughout your interactions and dealings.... Love is the greatest gift of all (see 1 Cor 13:13 or just read the whole chapter).

All the best

Reply to Mnandi
Posted by: Sandy N | 2008-12-12

Al, ek is 36 en hy het sopas 50 geword. Ons geniet mekaar se geselskap vreeslik baie, en het SO baie in gemeen. Die maand het so vinnig verby gevlieg, maar dit voel of ek hom jare lank ken. Ons het albei kinders, syne is al uit die huis, en myne is 12 en 10. Hy kom baie goed met hulle oor die weg, en hulle is baie lief vir hom.
Ek het al ' n paar vuil kyke gekry wanneer ons saam gaan uiteet ens. maar ek dink ek kan verby dit kom.
My ouers natuurlik keur die verhouding glad nie goed nie, maar dit maak ook nie saak nie, wat EK sal my lewensmaat kies.

Almost Mad - Yes, he loves my pretty piece of ass, but I love his as well! He sees me as more than that, but the " ass"  bit is a bonus.

Reply to Sandy N
Posted by: al | 2008-12-12

Ek is getroud met ' n man wat 13 jaar ouer as ek is. Dit hang af. Ons kan lank sit en redeneer, maar daar is dinge waaraan mens nie dink nie. Soos gaan julle belangstellings in sekere dinge verander. Jy hou dalk van fliek en hy wil dalk net by die huis sit? Het jy kinders, het hy kinders. As jy nie het nie, is hy bereid om op sy ouderdom dalk ' n kind saam met jou te he. As jy 50 is, gaan hy 67 wees. Dan is jy op en wakker en hy al te oud om dinge te doen.

Maar ek is gelukkig getroud ten spyte van dinge w aaroor ons verskil. Hy bederf my, laat my lag. Laat my goed voel. Gee my baie vryheid

Reply to al
Posted by: almost mad | 2008-12-12

I think if you very mature it could work...but then he may want you just as a piece of pretty ass. Its hard to say if as we dont know the guy.

Reply to almost mad