Posted by: Baby Feet | 2010/06/03

Question regarding FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer)

Good day,

We are planning to go undergo FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) within the next 2 months.

I’ ve heard that a few sessions of Reflexology will help with the results to be a positive pregnancy, is this true ??

How many times a week should I be doing reflexology ?
How much do you charge per session ?
Do I need to do a session just before the embryo transfer ?
Can I combine the reflexology and accunpuncture ?

This will be our last chance of undergoing fertility treatments and I want to do everthing correct so that I know I will get pregnant !!!

Thanks, your help will be much appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear Baby Feet

Reflexology helps in trying to fall pregnant naturally, with IVF, AI or even FET. What reflexology does is that it detoxes your body from all the congestions and blockages and helps your body to get to a homeostatic state - which is a state of balance- that is when our bodies work to their optimum.

That is why reflex works for so many disorders - it does not target a specific organ or system - it works all together.
So to answer your first question - yes it would help.

How many times a week would you need to come in - I would start with twice a week for the first week and then once a week until you have the procedure.

Every reflex therapist charge differently - it can be anything between R250 - R350 for the first treatment and the follow ups are anything between R180 - R270 - depending on the therapist and how they have structured their fees.

I would suggest that you have had a few session before the embryo transfer and yes right up till you have the procedure done.

And yes you can combine reflex with acupuncture.

I would again like to state that you must start with treatments - if that is the route you would like to take - at least 6 - 8 weeks before you have the procedure done.

I wish you all the best.

If you want to find a registered reflexologist you can find one in your area on and click on therapist and your area.
If you are in the JHB north area - the clinic I have my practice in - we have a acupuncturist too - if that will help you.

Warmest regards,

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.