Question
Posted by: anna | 2008/09/01

question please

Hello

In the last few months, have alot of flatulence ALOT. I dont eat very well, but I never did before and didn'  t have this problem. I am trying to est better now....but I gave alot of gas. I am taking 9 strain flora pribiotics. Can I take 3 a day? How much is to much? I am also prone to alot of Candida infections (always was)

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Anna
The dose of 9 strain flora is 1-2 per day. I would not advise that you take 3 per day as patients have reported bloating as a side effect on this product and increasing the dose may make your problem even worse.
I suggest stopping the 9 strain altogether and see if the bloating improves?
It is also important to have a balanced diet including fresh veggies and fruit, protein, fat and carbohydrates. Avoid food known to cause bloating – too much refined carbohydrate, fast foods, beans etc.
If the problem still persists perhaps you will need to consult your Dr.
Lastly, if you want to continue on a probiotic try an alternative product.

1
Posted by: Anna | 2008/09/02

Please suggest alternative. I use 9 strain because I get alot of candida infections plus I have alot of gas and it makes it better.

Reply to Anna