Posted by: Zettie | 2010-02-17

Question on divorce

In case of divorce, married within community of property what happened in case of pension money involved is it payable out inmmediately after divorce to spouse.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

For legal related questions, please visit our sister forum:

Posted by: Hokaai | 2010-03-02

I am not dead what do you want from my pension, that''s kak.

Reply to Hokaai
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010-02-18

It all depends what the settlement agreement state, if the agreement allow for a pension claim then yes it should be paid out immediately, but you should lodge the claim against his pension, I know in some pension scheme' s like State pension funds has certain rules an in those cases a payout could be difficult.

Reply to G-Dad