Question
Posted by: Henk | 2011-04-03

Question about " suiwel"  (milk products) alergy

Hello Dr,

I do a lot of cycling that requires very good cardio capabilities. I suspect that I might have some sort allery, maybe linked to milk products.

When I do not train for 2-3 week I realize that my lungs become quickly full of slime (Sorry... for that). I cought up a lot of slime when I start training again... Is this related to an allergy or might it be some ligther form of asma? I am not sure about the simptons

Maybe a second question. I am breathing heavy for the same amount of training than my team mates put in. My BMI is about 24 and we train around 10-14 houra per week.

Regards Henk

Henk

It is possible that it is due to an allergy or a light form of asthma and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for allergy testing and a lung function test. This will enable your doctor to make a clear diagnosis.