Question
Posted by: Tiny | 2009-10-21

Question about pregnancy/premature births

Am curious to know if I will have problems during pregnancy one day since I was a premature baby myself. I was born 6 weeks early but I' ve grown up alright. My main concern is that I only weigh 43kg and I' m not very big either. I' m of average height compared to some women but I' m wondering if there will be any genetic defects from my side. I know I shouldn' t be worried as I am not pregnant and not planning to become pregnant either. But I know one day I want to have children.

Your main problem is pregnancy is your weight, which may predispose to growth restriction in the baby. The preterm labour is not genetic.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-24