Posted by: Julia | 2012-09-26

Question about lungs

Dear Cyber Doc

My father had a few symptoms recently relating to his lungs, such as a sharp pain under his left ribs and breathlessness. He is okay now and hasn''t had any other strange symptoms. But he went to the doctor who sent him to a lung specialist. The specialist did sputum tests but they did not reveal anything odd. Now my father is being sent to a thoracic expert. What kinds of tests can we expect? I feel that we are going from one doctor to the other and not knowing what could happen or what could be the problem. As i said, my father hasn''t had any other symptoms and even his breathing is great now.

Thanks for your help and i appreciate any feedback.

Kindest regards

I think that they will perform an MRI scan or a CT scan of his chest. This will give a detailed picture of a possible cause for his symptoms.