Posted by: john | 2009-05-07

Question 3637

Hello Doc

Thanks for reply my urine sample was all clear.I still have a bit of burning what should i do? my headache is also still there and one other thing i think the antibiotics i was on have now given me the runs.My stomach is rumbling and gets quite sore?

How do you think i got a bladder infection? as i thought males did not get them.

Hi John
Males don't get it as often as females but can get bladder infection - usually due to bacteria going up the urethra or when you have a small stone in the bladder or kidney or if you had to keep urine in for too long. It can also happen when you don't empty your bladder properly due to enlarged prostate. Try taking probiotics 2 three times a day for the tummy and try citrosoda 10 ml in water three times a day for the burning. You can take something like Mypaid for the headache and ensure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.