Posted by: Lyn | 2012-11-14

question 235 another question as well

I also wanted to ask if it would be better to have an artificial sweetner rather than sugar. Canderel has two new products the yellow and green and the green has Stevia in it

What can you suggest - I drink normal tea and rooibos but cant without any kind of sugar or sweetner

Dear Lyn
According to one of the leading nutrition experts who gave lectures at the 'Managing Sweetness Symposium' earlier this year, artificial sweeteners that have been exhaustively tested for safety such as aspartame (used in Canderel) and Stevia (used in Green Canderel), can be used safely. I wrote an article "Artificial Sweeteners - An Update" after attending the symposium. When you are on the Diet & Nutrition site, do a search using the title of the article to read more about these sweeteners.