Question
Posted by: linda swart | 2011/07/13

question

i am 47 years old . two or three days before and after my period i have a terrible pain in my hips and it goes to my legs. it feels like its in my hips. i also have a slight discharge (only in that period) that smells. please help

It could be a muscular pain, but I would suggest that you see a doctor for a check. Hormonal changes around the time of a period can cause joint/muscle aches.

3

Posted by: Hummy | 2011/07/14

hi
the pain could be many things but it is important to see a dr when:
• Vaginal discharge is increased in amount or is foul-smelling.

Reply to Hummy
Posted by: Also worried | 2011/07/14

Hi Linda
It would be best for you to go and see a dr.
The pain in your hips during a menstraul cycle could be loads of different things for example:
• Endometriosis
• Fibroids
• Intrauterine device (IUD) made of copper
• Ovarian cysts
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
• Sexually transmitted diseases
• Stress and anxiety

It could be any one of these, so i suggest you see a dr and expain all your symptoms - rather safe than sorry.
Good Luck

Reply to Also worried