Posted by: 123 | 2011-01-22

Hi cyberdoc

could you please help to answer and clarify my question:
Is there a definite time period in which if a woman does not menstruate she becomes infertile?

secondary ammenorrhea: so if her period returns, can she then conceive as normal, or does it depend on how long she was without her period?

please dont refer me to see a doctor for the answer, just want to know if there is hope for someone who has been in this situation.

Yes, there is hope but it all depends on the age of the person, the reason for the ammenorrhea, the general health status of person, infections, surgical procedures and the type of medication that is being used.

Please be so kind as to provide me with more information, if possible, in order for me to provide you with more detailed information/assistance.