Question
Posted by: princess for today | 2010-06-21

question

I take brazepam-3 a half 2x a day when i remember not always
i read its a mild tranquilizer ..there is not much wrong with me just sometimes hoplessness anxiety and very very mild paranoia only at times. The question is this now and then i see a face of someone i know well but there is no connection or recogniton for a while(it may click who they are) like i knw who my family are and i love them so but sometimes when i see them it is like a vague knowing this is not all the time a brief moment i may not know where or why i am there if out alone ( i prefer to follow someone)..is it stress or age or the brazepam or when i forget it I am 55 sorry lots of ????we are still in love dont have intimacy now for complicated reasons

Nothing is really a "mild tanquillizer" - Brazepam is one of the benzo sedative-tranqullizers, and the mildness of their effects depends on the dose - some can act as anaesthetics !
All of this family of drugs can interfere with memory, both in the formation of memories and in their recall - indeed some are used in dental anaesthesia, not to deaden the pain, but to ensure you don't afterwards remember how painful it was !
They all have a risk of one becoming dependent on them and having problems in stopping them, so they are NOT recommended for long-term regular use. And they NEVER ever solve problems in on's life, even if they can be useful to temporarily reduce severe anxiety so as to enable you to better handle the problems - psychotherapy / counselling is usually best to deal with the actual problejms, rather than only treating the symptoms the problems cause

1