Posted by: Me | 2008-11-27

I would like to know if I am wrong here, my mother in law lives in England, she never e-mails me or sends me texts because I tell her about the fitlh her son does, I also tell her when his good.
He is bi-polar and she doesn' t want to hear this, last year she came over after he went for rehab and was off the drink she was all over him he was her first born, luv, this after my forcing him to seek help now his at his best.
She later took him aside and had a talk but I feel something she told him changed him towards me.We are a mixed race.
When his well and not drugging and drinking then she love this son, but refuse' s to know when his doing wrong, beating me up and whoring.
She comes over every year and next year I really don' t want to see her as I feel she is two faced.
Last week he started his drinking again and I sent her a text explianing that I will need to hospitalise him again and she never replied.But the moment his well - his her blue eyes boy, its love you, my first born etc it sickens me as it doesn' t look like a normal mom and son relationship.They e-mail and text each other almost every day.
Their hugs when they meet and when his drinking are disgusting his always wanting to kiss her on the mouth, the neck like a lover.
A year ago I wished her happy birthday and she never spoke to me for 10 mths eventually she replied that she doesn' t like to be reminded of her birthday, she is over 60 still into affairs with other womans men and dress' s like a teen.
Her son is only holding onto me as a crutch, his weak and in a high position at work from my b******ng and nagging, taking him to rehab, shrink etc of which I am tiring of now.
Would I be wrong in not seeing her when she comes?.

She's a mother, and she loves her son. And she feels happier denying the reality of his disorder and behaviour, and sticking to the guy she always hoped he would be. Is it USEFUL --- to her, him or you, to tell her bad things about him ? You sem to have made her, and her reactions, somehow very important to you, and maybe that's not necessary or helpful for any of you ? Work on sorting out the problems between you and this man, and let mom be a supplement.