Question
Posted by: steve | 2010/01/26

question 1959 refers

question 1959 refers

Thanks for the great advise - all makes sense more or less now.

I do not drink enough milk (and avoid other fattening dairy products) - therefore need calcium, and probably need Omega 3 as well.

I have read that magnesium and potasium are good for blood pressure, and mine is a littel elevated (130/85). I try eat bananas for potasium

So I believe I need :
Magnesium
Potasium
Calcium
Omega 3

What is teh best way to get this combination of elements ?

Dear Steve
Thank you for your kind words. To obtain the listed nutrients, you can use Salmon oil capsules for the omega-3, Magnesite granules for the magnesium and Slow K for the potassium. Use the calcium supplement called MenaCal.7 (which also contains vits D and K ).
Just keep in mind that you can use 3 servings a day of fat-free milk, yoghurt and/or cottage cheese to provide you with all the calcium you require (1000 mg/day) and that fruit and vegetables and wholegrains are bursting with potassium and magnesium - so you would not need to take the supplements. If you are using blood pressure pills or diuretics, first check with your chemist if you can take the Slow K because in some cases this can lead to potassium overload.

1

Dear Steve