Question
Posted by: Nita | 2011/02/15

Query about Contraception

I use to use Nordette about a year ago and then stopped as i was not in a Sexual relationship.
- I am now in a relationship where I need to go back onto the pil

When do I start taking the pill (Nordette)l - Can I start it at anytime? How many days must I take the pill for before engaging in intercourse.

Also, if I take the pill, (Nordette) can I also take " norlevo"  (morning after pill) or would the two cancel each other out.

Please can you advise?

You start with your next period and you are safe after 7 active pills. You should then be protected and not need Norlevo.

3

Posted by: JR | 2011/02/16

Start with your next period, they recommend that you use alternative contraception for the first 14 days, condoms. Ask your pharmacist about the morning after, obviously you cannot drink it everytime you have sex.

Reply to JR