Question
Posted by: BARBARA | 2010/11/29

Query

I wonder if anyone can please help me by letting me know where I can find prices for VOICE PROSTHESIS - duckbill kind. I have phoned the cancer association and no-one there can assist. I would also like to know where I can purchase it.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Barbara

I assume you are enquiring about the Blomsinger voice prothesis. Your best place to enquire would be the Speechtherapy Department at any of the Tertiary Hospitals, such as UCT ,Stellenbosch, Pretoria, or Durban or Bloemfontein. Ask to speak to the Speechtherapist involved with the laryngectomy patients. Alternatively contact the suppliers: Surgical Innovations.