Posted by: Christal | 2011-09-05

Quad tear

Hi doc, I have been training with a personal trainer for 3 weeks now and have been doing fine. On Sat morning I climbed on a spinning bike and wanted to start peddling but as the person before me didn''t set the resistance down, I pulled my right quad slightly, not expecting the resistance. Then this morning I climbed out of the car and felt my one quad pulling very badly.

I am icing it, but is there anything I can take to heal it quicker? And when should i take it, immediately or should I give my leg some time to heal itself?

Also what is causing both my quads to suddenly give this problem, am I not stretching enough or warming up or cooling down enough?

You can take two Myprodol capsules, six to eight hourly to control the pain and inflammation, caused by the overstrain of your quadricep muscles. You should consult a physiotherapist for treatment.