Question
Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/10

Quad strain

I injured my quad and sustained a grade 1 strain - this happened on Monday. Do I need to go to a physio for treatment e.g. scar tissue? Thanks for your advice.

Hi Liza

If it's a grade 1, then it's not absolutely essential. It can help up the recovery process, and so the 'safety first' option is to do it, but it's not absolutely essential, provided you rest up and don't rush your way back into sport/activity.

It's been a week, so by now you should be feeling almost ready to go - but just be very cautious, rather miss another week now than 4 more weeks soon because you injure a weak muscle and tear it completely. So I'd say give it until towards late this week and then see how it holds up to VERY light exercise and then see. If it bothers you beyond this, then consider physio.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/11/14

Hi Liza

Reply to fitnessdoc