Question
Posted by: Aurora | 2012/05/22

Qlaira

`my daughter (16) was taking Minesse for a while to help with period pain and acne. She stopped taking it in February and her skin broke out badly. I’ ve put her back onto it but my pharmacist says that there is a new product on the market, which is very good. The product is Qlaira by Bayers –  would you recommend that she switch to this? It is apparently a natural product. It would be primarily to help her with her skin but also to alleviate mood swings and period pains. She does sffer from sleeplessness &  there is a possibility that shemay have Porphyria. I have read that Qlaira must only be taken from 18 years of age or can it under supervision of her gynae be taken at 16? She is only due to see her gynae at the end of the year. Please advise on your thoughts re Qlaira, thank you

I have no personal experience of Qlaira. It is a Pill like all the others, just with a different type of oestrogen. If she has no problems with Minesse it would be fine to continue. The Pill should be used under supervision of a gynaecologist.

1