Question
Posted by: Jax | 2009/03/18

Pyroluria?

My 14 year old daughter has had social anxiety since she was very young. She was also seen to be sensitive to noise by her teachers. She has suffered with depression which I feel is a result of the social anxiety. Though she does well academically, she no longer wants to go to school because of her social anxiety. She has been on different antidepressants (both SSRIs and SNRIs) for the past 3 years with no improvement.

I have desperately been researching social anxiety and came accross a condition called Pyroluria. My daughter has almost all of the markers for Pyroluria but I just don' t know where to go in Johannesburg to have the all important urine test done.

Have you heard of the condition or do you know who we could see to have this condition ruled out or, hopefully, in as I am at my wits end visiting psychiatrists, homeopaths, CBT psychologists etc. with no results?

I would so appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

i have not heard of this before. however i can strongly suggest Magnesium as a supplement as well ( most symptoms you are describing are a symptoms of magnesium deficiency). Use the FoodState magnesium 2 tabs at night.
You can contact Lancet or Ampath to assist you regarding the urine test you need.

Dr Debbie

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/19

Very sorry to see this post from 2009 and this lady's question not being answered. If anyone else come across this website in South Africa and you suspect you have Pyroluria, Synexa is a lab that tests for it and with recommend a doctor. www.synexagroup.com

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/19