Posted by: Cindy Nortje | 2009-12-11

Pyoderma Gangrenosum

Hi there,

Just need some advise on how to prevent that I land in hospital again. I went to hos this year for 9 weeks after my GP had lanced an abses which turned black. Thinking septisemia the hospital procedded to try and cut it out, twice. In the 7th week of the 9 I was diagnosed with pyoderma gangrenosum " Gangerine of the skin"  and told that it is like an allery to the surgery " cutting with a metal object" . Is this true. I have a few pics if you would like to see them to help with the advise that I need. Im in Witbank. Thank You. Cindy

Pyoderma Gangrenosum is a disease that is not well understood and is believed to be an immune disfunction. There are connections with other diseases and I think this warrants further investigation. Please refer to the following link for detailed information:

It is advisable to print this page and to consult your GP.