Posted by: Elsa | 2011-10-31

Puss taste in mouth

For the past 2 days I occasionally get an awful pus taste in my mouth. I''m almost sure this is not a decaying tooth, because the taste is occasional, and I cannot trace this taste when flossing (which I could do when I had a decaying tooth last year). I also don''t have bad breath. However it does taste like something is decaying, but my gut tells me it is from my lungs or tummy or sinus. Which is the more likely solution? I can unfortunately not afford thousands of Rands worth of tests. I had bronchitis a month ago, and the physiotherapist said I should use a asthma pump, which I now use daily, but will, as my lungs grow stronger, use only with sport (my lungs started giving problems from beginning this year, I have gone to several doctors, and they say nothing is wrong, but if I play netball I sound like I have emphysema for 2 day there after). It has been almost a month since I''m using the sereflo pump. Can this taste be due to a reaction that I''m building up against the asthma pump?
It does not taste like a flu, menstruation or iron deficiency. It taste like something that''s rotten, but I''m almost 100% sure it is not my teeth.
I''m a 32 year old female, vegetarian, yoga, pilates and swim weekly.

Unfortunately, you will have to consult a doctor, to exclude sinusitis, as well as reflux gastritis. Although reflux gastritis will cause a bitter taste in your mouth. You should also consult a dentist to exclude gingivitis. These consultations will not be thousands of rands. It will be unwise to try and treat conditions that is not confirmed by your doctor.

Dr ANrich