Posted by: HM | 2008-11-19

Pushed too Hard?

I ended up having heart palpitations after only 30 minutes with my personal trainer, did he push me too far or do I need to see a Dr? I had to stop the session.

I am healty, no heart issues, eat well, bmi is normal.

As always with this kind of thing, it's far better to be safe than sorry, and so a check-up is never a bad idea. It might turn out to show nothing, and then you have peace of mind. Or it will show something, and then you know. So either way, it's a good thing to do. I'm not sure of the circumstances, and even what these palpitations felt like. It could be nothing at all, a normal occurrence, brought about by excessive training. But it might also be a symptom, there's a small chance of that, impossible to say. I'd say that for sure, you should not overdo the training again, until you know what it is. And this may never, ever happen again. It could be a once off. But like I said, either outcome from a test is better than not knowing anything at all.