Question
Posted by: Sparky | 2011/02/10

Push myself

I want to know why is it that some days I can push myself real hard at toning (weights) and other days my muscles just don''''t want to know nothing. Why is it that I am struggling to lose just 2 kg. My weight fluctuates between 51 / 52 kg, and my goal weight is 50kg (I am 1.53m) I have large breasts and they not shrinking. What exercise can I do to shrink my breasts and my tummy after a C-section and hysterectomy. I feel like a Kangaroo with a pouch. Thanks for any advice coming my way

Hi Sparky

Well, the reason for the up and down nature of training is that your body hasn't recovered from the previous session yet, so it needs an easy day. Then your brain can't activate the muscles like it would normally, and you are prevented from training like you normally do. It's just fatigue, to oversimplify it enormously. You have to listen to your body though, if you don't, then the risk of injury and overtraining increases.

Re the mass, considering that you weigh only 52kg, losing 2kg is very tough. I'd say that your goal weight is somewhere BETWEEN 50 and maybe 54kg and you may not even have this weight to lose.

I think you'll find that your diet is the most important thing you can change in order to achieve this goal. Consider seeing a dietician about what you eat, when, and portion sizes, because that can make the difference. But I would encourage you not to worry about weight - rather focus on fitness and form, because I really don't think that 2 kg in that range from 50 to 54 kg is a meaningful goal.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/17

Hi Sparky

Reply to fitnessdoc