Question
Posted by: Anxious Teen | 2010/08/24

Purple stretch marks

I am a 14 year old teenager. Although I started developing early my growth seems to have stopped - I''m 1.54 m and weigh 52 kg. My thighs are fairly heavy set and I have a very fair skin. The problem I have is that the tops of my thighs and surrounding my knees are covered with very noticable stretch marks that are very purple in colour. As a result I don''t feel confident to wear shorts let alone a swimming costume. I use bio-oil every evening but this has had limited results. What is the cause and what can I do!

Hallo Anxious Teen
Stretchmarks can be caused if you have a growth spurt or if you pick up weight very quickly. Luckily these marks fade with time but if it is very prominent, you can see a dermatologist to get a prescription for retinoid cream or for laser treatment.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/24

Hallo Anxious Teen