Question
Posted by: Nazneen | 2010/03/11

Purmycin and infertility

Hi. Id lik to thank dr dasoo for her /his response whethe the use of purmycin wil make me infertile. He /she said it wont make me infertile. But i asked the same question to cyber doc and he said it WILL make me infertile. I am very confused and want to know whether i should stop takin this pill now as i wanna fall pregnant in the next two years. I was prescribed this by my dermatologist. Please help me with an answer!

Dear Nazneen

Purmycin is an antibiotic and just to re-emphasise and reassure you that Purmycin does not cause infertility. If however you are planning on trying to fall pregnant it is always advisable to stop the medication and then attempt a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/17

Dear Nazneen

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert