Posted by: vita | 2010-11-13

Due to a chance discovery that I have high uric acid I was put on Puricos 300. After 6 months I asked my doctor to re-test in case I could stop taking it, especially as I had replaced many purine-rich foods in diet with other foods. He did the test and uric acid levels were fine on the meds, but he said that the moment I stopped the Puricos the condition would return. How can he know that? Does Puricos stop your body from functioning by itself? How safe is it for me to try reducing the dosage for a number of months to see if I really need it? I don''t want any chemicals in my body that I don''t need.

Puricos is a medication spesifically designed to control gout. If you stop taking the medication, your gout might return. You can however, lower the dosage and see what the response is.