Posted by: anxious | 2009-08-03

When I went onto Coversyls a few years ago (both Coversyl &  Coversyl Plus) I developed elevated uric acid levels. My gp said it was because of my Plus I was taking and put me onto Puricos (100mg to start with then I had to up it to 300mg because they went up again). He didn' t want to change the Coversyl Plus because it had taken so long to get a right combination of bp medication that kept my bp in check. I am now taking Vectoryl &  Vectoryl Plus (because they are even cheaper than the Prexims!). I stopped Puricos Fri (with my gp' s consent, of course!) because I hate taking them - I find them difficult to take - I hate big round tablets at the best of times!

My 2 questions: 1. Am I ultimately going to have the same problem, ie. elevated uric acid levels again  and 2. Is 2 wks stopping the Puricos long enough to see if they do in fact go up, or do I have to wait a whole month?

Thanks for help.

Gee, I hate this site now! If it wasn' t for you I probably wouldn' t bother using it! No, I haven' t sent that e.mail yet, but maybe I should!

Hi Anxious
The Vectoryl and Coversyl (& Plus) contains exactly the same ingredients, so it may cause increased uric acid levels too. You will probably see the difference in a month. I don't know why they changed the site - I also find it difficult to work with..please send the email!