Question

Pure Perfect Disaster

Hi a month and a half ago i did write to you asking about Pure Perfect, well i did try the product i had been using it for a month and a half what a disaster, the first 2 weeks i noticed such a change in my skin it was soft, glowing and really beautifull but as i carried on the product it was a complete disaster i now prefer to walk around with a paper bag over my face i have broken out so badly and my skin looks really unsightly i have also been a person that harldy ever had pimples b4 so thats why im finding it even more difficult. I did phone the lady i purchased the product from and she said she was shocked and it never ever happend to a customer b4 somehow i find that very hard to believe esp since she caught me hook line and sinker to purchase this " wonder cream"  im very angry and disappointed esp since i paid over R1000 for this miracle cream, well i guess thats what u get for being gulliable.
What is in this cream that can make yr skin look so good in the beginning and then destroy it few months later?
I have now booked an appointment with a dermatologist and cant wait to go.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anon, thank you for the comment. I must start by stating that I am sorry that you are experiencing these unacceptable side effects from the cream. Interestingly I have recently had 2 previous posts on the anti-ageing forum about this product with very similar skin breakouts. I am also a little surprised that a topical product is producing such a reaction on peoples skin and believe that this should be taken further. Pure Perfect states on their web page that their products have been approved by the Department of Health (DOH) to contain no harmful ingredients. It may be worth for everyone who has experienced similar effects to complain to the DOH and hopefully they will take it further. Typically the reasons for acne breakouts from topical products are: Too aggressive use of facial wash Facial wash too acidic and as such it removes the natural acid balance Excessive sebum production Products too oily I hope the above has helped and that your dermatologist can she further light onto the matter.

8
Posted by: Samantha | 2010/02/05

It took me 2 years to regain my skin back to its normal self. I spent a fortune on this product and all it did was damage my skin and self esteem. i was so embarressed to go out because of the acne breakout. It was all over my face and neck. I bought it from the Hilton Hotel and the owner of the salon there claimed it was a miracle cream. Sorisha probably pays her alot to say that. Since then i have changed back to my normal skin care and after 2 years thankfully my skin is back to normal. She should be sued for this

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Sally | 2010/02/02

I used the parfait, skin looked good. Changed to the new pafait and I looked disastrous. Wonder why the price is so high. Does one have to pay so much to get UGLY. Scrap this product this is a money making scheme Sooraisha please do not advertise for this product and do not fraud people into buying the new parfait Patience for a new skin is running out so is our money.

Also Sue do not ask your clients to trust you. The cream is real bad. I think higher authorities should look into this .

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/02/02

HI. I had a facial using pure perfect products. Usually when you have a facial your skin glow the next day. Well, with me I had 2 huge pimples that eventually turned to sores. I broke out as soon as my facial was done but was told by the beatician that it was norml and it will be fine the next day but turned out to be even worse.

Reply to Jennifer
Posted by: Chloe | 2010/01/31

I am a new user to this product, I started about 1 month ago.I also saw wonderful results, but after reading all the negative publicity, I am stopping immediately.I just hope me stopping now will prevent the outbreaks.The article in the Sunday Times today also scares the hell out of me. I regret having listened to the consultant who obiously just wants to sell the product.

Reply to Chloe
Posted by: Susan | 2010/01/06

I would really like to get in contact with people who have experienced negative side effects from this cream. Could you please email me on sajournalist (at) gmail (dot) com? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: pixie | 2009/12/13

gooday

Surprisingly i was trying to look at websites regarding the negative effects of this product. i agree at first your skin is glowing and beautiful and then disaster strikes. Firstly why is it that only certian shops sell this products? My skin was acne free until Pure Perfect. after using the product for about 6 months, my face had broken up into acne. Revitalise in JHB sells this product and despite me going there with the problem, they continue to market and sell. Can someone who deals directly with the product please explain? Despite it being proved by the dept of Health what about SABS approved

Reply to pixie
Posted by: R Naicker | 2009/12/05

I started using pure perfect parfait about 2 years ago. For a while i had flawless fair skin. It worked wonders. Six months down the line, my skin started breaking out. It got so bad, that i went to the dermatologist in tears. I have never had acne before, and now my face was covered in them.
Complaining to them on their website, does not help.

Reply to R Naicker
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/10/25

Reply to anti-ageing expert