Question
Posted by: MP | 2009/10/13

Pure Perfect

I am 32 years old, and i have been using Pure Perfect for the last one and half years, at first it was the best facial cream ever invented, I used to get compliments everyday, my skin was lighter and radiant only for the first 9 months and then i started getting lots of breakouts and pigmentation since then, I recently went to my derm. who put me on Accutane and antibiotics, when I stopped using pure perfect, my skin became black, my derm put me on Dermabright and Depiderm cream but I still have lots of pigmentation, my question is: 1) when I do stop applying dermabright will I be abnormally black again as I am tired of using skin lightners which do eventually damage your skin.
2) How did pure perfect damage my skin for it to be almost impossible to repair? 3) what cream can I use for the pigmentation without any long term damage? I just want my natural complexion again with any lightners.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi MP, thank you for the question.

I cannot find a reason for the skin changes that you have described looking at the ingredients used in Peter Perfect products. According to their webpage all of the products have been approved by the Department of Health that they do not contain any harmful ingredients.

Safe topical products to consider are NeoStrata, Environ, Dermaheal, etc.

2
Posted by: Anti-ageing expert | 2009/10/19

Hi MP, thank you for the question.

Reply to Anti-ageing expert

OMG, I have been using Pure Perfect for 2 months now and the first month my skin looked great it felt great and even looked noticibly different but now i have broken out really bad and im not a person that gets alot of pimples i normally get the odd pimple once in a while my skin has gotten really bad im very angry and upset for being duped into believing all the nonsense i was told and on top of that i paid so much, more than R1000, i have now stopped this cream and have booked an appointment with a dermatologist.
So for anyone out there that wants to try this product think again.