Question
Posted by: Chris | 2010/08/03

PURBAC double strength

Hi Doc, I just got prescribed an antibiotic called purbac d.s for my sinus infection. My doc told me to take ONE tablet everyday for anywhere between 7 to 10 days. Could you please clarify for me exactly how long is the suggested length to take this (eg 7 days/ 8 days/ 10days) or does it not really matter after 7 days?

Also is this particular antibiotic a good one or are there better options for treating the average sinus infection?

Hallo Chris
This is used for sinusitis and the treatment for sinusitis is at least for 7 days, if you still have symptoms (yellow phlegm, pain over sinuses, fever)you can continue for 3 days longer. There are various options for treating sinusitis and it depends on whether you are allergic to certain antibiotics, cost implications etc which antibiotic would be most suitable

15
Posted by: South Africa | 2016/05/25

After what i have read about purbac double strength, am now confused. Because yesterday I have been prescribed to use purbac double strength acne for 4 months. Am now worried that i might be healed completly while taking this drug but as soon as i stop it will definately come back. My question now is what is it used for? Cause people are talking about lots of sicknesses

Reply to South Africa
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/05

Will prevention pill be effective when i take purbac

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/04

can Purbac cause break out if I use it for too long? I have been on Purbac for more than 7 months now and suddenly I have hectic but really bad break out on my forehead and chin and neck area and now it starts all over on my cheeks and on my back ... please give me advice I am desperate...

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/10

Just want to know can you use prubac for diets

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/04

Hello I am HIV positive,the doctor described me Purpac,but when I read its warning it seems opposite to assist me.what is the uses of this purpac on a person diagnosed for HIV.? Please.!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/17

Hi ,I was given the purbac ds when I had a running stomach ,is that means I hav high chances of being infected with hiv?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/09

Buddy get a life you can not get hiv from a tablet

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/17

Hi,I was given the purbac ds because I had running stamach

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/17

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/11

my cd4 count is 70 and doctor gave arv and purbac is it going to help my cd4 count doc

Posted by: Zee | 2015/05/15

What are the implications of taking purbac and marvelon at the same time? Thanks

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Boo | 2015/01/06

My other question is that i have been given Isoniazid 300 mg and pyridoxen for 6 months to prevent TB, am i on the right path.Is the any side effects.

Reply to Boo
Posted by: Boo | 2015/01/06

Hi my question is how long should be pubac ds taken for HIV Person. Have been taken it for almost two years now and viral load is undetectable and cd is doing fine. Regards

Reply to Boo
Posted by: destiny | 2010/11/01

Hi, i have been taking purbac d.s and doxycyl to treat my acne, and the demartologist has prescribed this for six month on the firts consultation and recently another six month, but my concern is can i take this antibaotics again after i have stoped using for almost three months..and anyways how long am i suppose to take them..will appreciate your informative respond

Reply to destiny
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/03

Hallo Chris