Question
Posted by: MDR | 2012/05/04

Pur Bolka Medication

Good Morning

I am 25 years old, and have experienced heart palpitations due to a lot of stress, i am on antidepressants as well. My doctor have prescribed pur bloka 10mg 1 tablet a day, this is so that i do not have to experience these heart palpitations. I have been on the meds for 2 months and would like to continue with it. So my question is if I continue with it will it have any negative effects on my body long term / in the future.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thanking you in advance.l

PS: I have been to a cardiologist 2 years ago and im not suffering from any heart disease.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi M

Best with these tablets would be to only take it when needed, i.e. before a stressful event or when the symptoms are severe. However, if your symptoms are chronic, you may benefit from the daily dose,

The dose you are taking is relatively low and I wouldn't be too concerned about long-term use. You should however discuss the suitability of long-term use in your situation with your doctor too.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/05/07

Hi M

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist