Question
Posted by: HELEN | 2009/06/05

PUPPY INFO

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES. I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH A 6 WEEKS OLD BOERBOEL PUPPY SHOULD EAT PER DAY. MINE CRYS FOR FOOD EVERYTIME SHE WAKES UP, EVEN WHEN HER TUMMY IS SO FULL SHE CAN BARELY MOVE. ALSO SHE WAS 2KG AT 5 WEEKS AND HAS PICKED UP 2KG IN 1 WEEK (6 WEEKS 4KG) IS THIS NORMAL??

Dear Helen

It depends on the food that you are giving. At a young age there are no wright and wrong weights. Sounds like a possible worm load and a cheap and nasty food that she is on.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/08

my jack russel just gave birth to 7 lovely puppies, my question is when should they be vacinated? can i supplement their food supply with fresh milk as the mother is not always so willing to feed them..can i cut their nails?
i have discovered fleas on 1 or 2 of them>  =how is this possible? may i use baby powder on the puppies!
i know nothing of dogs please just help me.

Posted by: Chill | 2009/06/05

Her tummy should NEVER be ' so full she can hardly move' .

Feed her around 4 times a day, equally spaced out.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2009/06/05

Deworm her , get the vets choice latge breed puppy food.... and feed according to the instructions on the bag ....

Divide her daily ration into 4 smallish meals a day

Reply to Carol