Question
Posted by: BG | 2012-11-28

Puppy has a runny tummy

My puppy has a runny tummy and also messes everywhere. What can I do?

Please take your doggie to your veterinarian as soon as possible:
CANINE PARVOVIRUS (also know as "katgriep") is a contagious virus mainly affecting young dogs. The disease is highly contagious and is spread from dog to dog by direct or indirect contact with their feces. It can be especially severe in puppies that are not protected by maternal antibodies or vaccination. The common signs of the intestinal form are severe vomiting and diarrhoea. Treatment often involves veterinary hospitalization. Vaccines can prevent this infection.