Question
Posted by: Delaine | 2012/02/20

Puppy Behavior - Boerboel

I have a Boerboel puppy that is about 3 months now. Recently he seems to have lost all control of what he was taught about potty training :(
We can put him outside for about an hour to play and do his business and as soon as we let him in the house again, he decides its a much better place to wee and poo.
Please advise what should i do ?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Delaine, what I would do first of all is check his elimination patterns for a day at least to see if there could be a physical component at play, such as an infection etc, then if you have any doubts, take him to the vet for a check up.
If not, its right back to the beginning for you both and retraining. Have a look on my Friends of the Dog website www.friendsofthedog.co.za where you will find free articles that will tell you exactly how to go about this. You probably know the basics, but these articles will give you some tips in that you need to be with the dog initially while training, so that you can give praise and a treat at the right moment. Good luck!

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/02/20

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert