Question
Posted by: Scarlet | 2008/09/09

Puppy and worms

I want your advise please: every morning when my puppy gets up there is little white things in her bed. its hard and dry. it looks like little worms that is dried out completely. can it be worms? and how should i treat it?

Dear Scarlet

Worm her every 3-4 weeks till 6 months old and treat her for fleas monthly.

2
Posted by: Jackie | 2008/09/16

Sounds like the flea tapeworm segments - these are often seen in the bedding and around anus of the dogs/cats.
Important to also get flea treatment.
Puppies should be dewormed every 2 weeks, then from 12 weeks every 4 weeks, and then every 3 months - important to get the best from the Vet that does ALL worms. I use only drontal. Also treat fleas monthly and keep this up for a long time - as flea pupae can remain dormant for over a year. Your Vet can help - products are available safe for puppies and deadly to fleas.

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: WR | 2008/09/09

Hi Scarlet,

Take said little white things and the pup to the Vet and let him tell you what it is and what can be done.

Reply to WR