Question
Posted by: Alice | 2008/08/15

PUPPP skin rash

I am 31 weeks pregnant and a skin rash has now deveoloped on my abdomen and its really itchy. Someone suggested that it could be proritic urticarial papules/plaques of pregnancy. I have researched it on the internet and the symptoms are exactly the same as mine ... Is this something common and will it really only go away with the baby' s birth? I am really not looking forward to nine weeks of an awful rash!

You should see a doctor to check. Rashes are difficult to diagnose at the best of times.

1
Posted by: cass | 2009/02/09

I am 33 weeks pregnant. I have severe allergy in my 5 weeks pregnant. My doctor has prescribed me Loratadine (Clarityne) for my allergy.
Now I am having some red bump on my abdomen and it is as what they described PUPPP on internet. Could I take Loratadine (Clarityne) to ease the itch?

Reply to cass