Question
Posted by: t | 2012/02/22

puppp

hi, I am 32 weeks preganat and from last week my stomach started to get very itchy and now I am deeloping a rash. Searching on the internet, it seems to be PUPPP. can you please suggest what I could do to help with the itching? Is it dangerous and does it effect the baby?

Try Calomine lotion.
PUPPP does not affect the baby.

2
Posted by: khadija | 2012/03/15

I had PUPPP too with my first pregnancy, in third trimester. Went to GP who said it was foliculitis!! I suffered with itching and horrible blisters on my feet. Not a good experience. I went to dermatologist who gave me creams which cleared up the rash in time for me to deliver C section. Baby was perfect but I had flair ups after baby was born. They say 1 in 60 000 woman get it if pregnant with a boy. And I am in ''remission'' now. I am currently 6 months pregnant with a girl I don''t think/hope I don''t get PUPPP again.

Reply to khadija

Try Calomine lotion.
PUPPP does not affect the baby.