Question
Posted by: Elize | 2011/08/23

Puppies/Dogs messing in house

Good day
How do I get rid of urine smell in carpets? I did wash the carpets with shampoo (recipe I got) but dogs still mess on the same spot.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Elize, the problem with using any household product in cleaning dog smell is that they normally contain ammonia or chlorine (or both) and this makes the area smell even more like a toilet to the dog! Try a mixture of 1/3 white vigegar to 2/3 water (or even a bit stronger but check your carpets dont stain first) and throughly wash the area mopping up any dampness with paper towels. When throughly dry put down some pur Citronella oil on the areas soiled. This normally works. There is also a product at vets you can use and I am waiting for some feedback on a new product from America that is launching here for this use and apparently fantastic. When i get it i will put up a post on the forum, so do look out for it. Thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Joseph | 2011/08/31

My 09 months " pavement special"  dog keep on jumping on people who comes to visit, he does mean an harm, he is just " happy" , but is ver annoing and embarrassing for us as he is medium size dog and just high, the more we tell him STOP jumping, he jumps even high. How can make him stop this behaviour?

Reply to Joseph
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/08/23

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert