Question
Posted by: George | 2011/09/12

Pulse

Hi Doc,

I am a 38 year old male and fairly fit

I can feel a pulse in my right thigh for the past two weeks.

Is there any reason for concern?

George

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi George

I suspect nothing to worry about whatsoever. Depending on your body build and other things, it is usually possible to feel your pulse in at least 9 different places on each side of the body, including the top of your thigh and behind your knee but not counting the aorta or your heart itself.

So, in a young fit man it is highly unlikely you are feeling anythng abnormal.

JT

4
Posted by: Eve Adams | 2011/10/17

I''m obese aged 50, Diabetic with Hypertension and smoke 6 cigarettes daily. My lipid profile is high and my pulse is low as 60. I have bouts of angina giddiness and weakness. Am I at risk?

Reply to Eve Adams
Posted by: Eve Adams | 2011/10/17

My pulse goes low to 60 . Am I at risk? Aged,50 obese with Diabetes 2, Hypertension and high Lipids. Smoke 6 cigarettes daily.

Reply to Eve Adams
Posted by: Eve Adams | 2011/10/17

Reply to Eve Adams
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/09/14

Hi George

JT

Reply to Cardiologist