Posted by: scorpio | 2009-02-25

pulled muscle (I think)

Hi. I do high intensity training which incorporates sprints and heavy resistance training. I now seem to have hurt a muscle in my groin. I cant do any cardio or leg training. It has been 3 weeks. How long should I give it or should I seek medical advice?

Hi Scorpio

The groin can be a real problem. They say there's no such thing as a mild groin strain, because it's so hard to rest it. You find that it seems to be getting better, and the suddenly you stand up from the chair and hurt it again.

So yes, I think it would be best to seek medical advice and treatment because they can accelerate the rehab and recovery, and that will save you a great deal of hassle later on.

I know that's a pain and mega-inconvenience, but it is the best thing to do.