Posted by: Sue | 2009-08-17

Puking Puppy

Hi Everyone,

My 5 month old puppy has been puppy has been puking every now and then for the last few days. At first we thought it was the treats we were giving her, so we stopped those last week and this morning she was puking again. Just seems to be grass that she is puking up. I have made sure she is getting plenty of water and she seems to be eating her food as per normal and her energy levels seem to be the same.

Any advise?

Dear Sue
Dogs eat grass because they like the taste of it. If they eat to much this can make them vomit. If any change in alertness go to the vet for an exam.

Posted by: carrie | 2009-08-18

if it is combined with diarrhoea or constipation i' d see a vet, partial bowel obstruction can present with periodic bouts of vomiting. there may also be a congenital defect whereby the opening to the stomach is marginalised so the dog pukes, is the vomiting projectile or not. either way, see a vet. a vomiting dog that continues to vomit is not a good sign.

Reply to carrie
Posted by: Chill | 2009-08-17

What are you feeding her?

Is it ONLY grass she' s puking up, or is there other stuff too?

Reply to Chill