Question
Posted by: Sue | 2012/02/17

Puffy eyes

Hi Doc, I am a 41yr old lady and i notice that my eyes are sagging and is very puffy, what is the best cream or gel that i can use.

Thank yoyu

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sue, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the eye area before deciding on the best treatment approach. Generally speaking topical products will help with puffiness and even tightening lax skin but only to a certain degree. My advice would be to consider topicals that contain alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, stem cell derivatives, growth factors, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin A esters. These ingredients can be found in a number of products such as NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, IS Clinical, Skin Ceuticals, etc.

Other treatment options may need to be explored (for best results) and this will include Botox, dermal fillers, laser, and even surgery.

2
Posted by: Zsolt | 2012/05/02

An impressive share, I just given this onto a coalelgue who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

Reply to Zsolt
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/02/18

Hi Sue, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert