Question
Posted by: WWW | 2010/09/27

Public shrink

Hi there Doctor,

I need to see a Shrink, but I am only on a hospital plan. Do you know off public (government) shrinks that I can contact?

Thank you.

Obviously ( apart from not knowing where you are ! ) I don't know all public hospital shrinks personally, and there are ethical problems in recommending specific doctors. BUT, yes, there is supposed to be ( and often is ) a psychiatric service at all major state hospitals and clinics, and there certainly is a psychiatry department at all medical schools, where you could be seen and helped.
Generally you would make an appointment with "the psyhiatrist" or the psych clinic, as there would be different docs available on different days.

3
Posted by: LOLO | 2010/09/28

You can also try Universities like UNISA AMD WITS

Reply to LOLO
Posted by: anon | 2010/09/28

TRy the SA Depression &  Anxiety Group - they can usually advise you on this. They have a website sadag. co. za

Reply to anon