Question
Posted by: AGTA | 2010-09-15

public hosp coused my miscarige

iwas 3mnths preg when i 1st went 4a scan,the nurse told me imust scan next tym,i went again when iwas 4mnths &  i kindly asked again,adidnt hav eanough money fro a specialist and on a 5th months i instisted on seing a dctr as there were no mvmnts on my baby,doc chcked me and said hshe is not fillng the baby,i had to go to a emergency scan,thats where iwas told that the was no haert beat &  my baby was no longe alive.this haped in dec 209,bt it stil fils lyk 2day,nw tel me if ihav had the earlier scan wouldnt the docts C where the danger was? ..aftr dat i took apil 3mths later we diceded to try again.this is our 6mnths and still no luck,i wish to sue the hosp bcoz if they cared none of this wouldnt hav hapend & what if it was my one and only child?& it was aboy as we wished.must i sue them?istil now the nurse who refused the scan, pliz advise me

It is unlikely that an earlier scan would have prevented the problem. The hospital didn't cause the baby's death and therefore there would be no case to sue. Even if you had had an earlier scan and a problem had been found, there isn't usually much that can be done at this stage.
If you had a postmortem or any other tests it would be important to know the results before you fall pregnant again.

6
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-19

Posted by: agta | 2010-09-17

me again: i took a special leave to look aftr my unborn boy, idid a reaserch on what to eat,how to exercise,and when iwas 2mnths iwent a special doctrwho told me there were no complications of any kind,how ever my hubby and both our families gave all the supotr i nided & evrthnn i nided.or could it be when iwas fifteen iwas raped and i had to do an abotrion,but idid see a phscologist,social wkers,councilors,iwas even taken to a camp to children who went thru the same,so i got over that long time and im not even sterssing about it anymore it wasnt my fault.

Reply to agta
Posted by: PUrple | 2010-09-17

What they are telling you doesn''t make any sense.

If your baby was healthy, it is unlikely that it would have just died like that at that stage of pregnancy. Perhaps there was a problem with the placenta or umbilical cord and baby wasn''t getting nutrients. If your hormone levels weren''t right, that would have more likely resulted in you not getting pregnant in the first place, or losing the baby in the first 3 months. It is rare to lose a baby after about 14 weeks, and there will be a reason why your baby died then.

Reply to PUrple
Posted by: agta | 2010-09-17

not excatly,bcoz i dont want to add the pain on top,the hosp told me they were gonna call me or send a letter when the result are relised im still waiting.but im scared to find out but what i now is i had a healthy boy,and ysteday i went for ascrap they told me ican only do it when im 30yrs as im 24,

Reply to agta
Posted by: Purple | 2010-09-16

The hospital didn''t cause your babies death. If they had scanned earlier, they might have seen the problem earlier, but it doesn''t mean that anything could have been done to save y our baby.

I''m sorry to hear about this, it is so traumatic to lose a baby, especially when you are so far along in your pregnancy already.

Perhpas phone life line for some counselling to help you to come to terms with your loss.

Perhaps wait until you can afford medical treatment before you start trying for a baby again. I think its important that you find out why your baby died so tht you know whether it is something that might occur again or not.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Me | 2010-09-15

Do you know the cause of death for the Little one?

Reply to Me