Question
Posted by: Xolile | 2009/10/23

Pubic lice

i had pubic lice 8 years ago and saw a dr who recommended a cream that i used as prescribed. Is it possible they never died completely? I find myself itching and always wonder if perhaps i still have the eggs. I know I have not been reinfected or something.Can I just get the cream at a chemist? which one do u recommend?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Xolile

They may indeed still be present (unless you havent experienced any symptoms for a few years in-between).

Your best option would be to trim the hair in the affected area and then to use GAMBEX shampoo EXACTLY as directed (which is to apply no more than 30 ml to the affected area and to rub this into a lather with a little water. Rinse of throughly after 4 minutes).

Treatment with this medication may be repeated after 24 hours, but should not be used more than twice in 7 days.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/10/26

Hi Xolile

Reply to pharmacist