Question
Posted by: Dina | 2012/10/08

Pubic hair

I need some advice please on what the best way is to get rid of pubic hair. Currently I am shaving but tends to get a rash which is quite itchy. Can I wax and which will be best, hot wax or the strips? Any alternative methods like hair removal cream possible on the genitals? My husband loves giving oral sex and prefers it when there is no hair. Thanks

I'm not really best placed to answer this question (sexual health professional as opposed to beauty therapist)...but I do want to check that you are ok with the nude feel too. It's great to please one's partner, as long as it pleases you at some level too.

Claire - SASHA
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

2
Posted by: Pamela | 2012/10/08

Not really a question for this forum. I''m sure the Sexologist has more pressing issues to deal with. You should have posted on Heart to Heart for the ladies to reply, however.....

IMO your best bet would be to go to a salon that specialises in this. They can at least see what they are doing, wont cause burns with hot wax, wont nick the skin if shaving, wont get hair remover internally. All these mishaps can be hell to deal with. Treat yourself and have a good job done. BTW I hope your partner is prepared to go through the same treatment seeing its him who prefers " hairless"  sex.

Reply to Pamela
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/10/08

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist