Question
Posted by: Vio | 2010/11/24

PTSD Diagnosis

I received Trepiline 25MG for night and Cipralex 25MG for day. To assist insomnia and operating though the day. What is your opinion on the prescription, as I have read some horror stories about the Cipralex?
i have not taken any such medication before, so will value your professional opinion.Have still not taken any from the script, will prefer to hear your opinon first.
Many thanks.

I'm not certain why someone would want to combine these two antidepressants in this particular way, but the lower than antidepressant dose of Trepiline at night suggests it is being used for its sedative and not dependencyproducing properties, to help you sleep, with the Cipralex for the Depression. In that light, the combinationm makes sense.
Cipralex is peculiaryl popular with some doctors, but is an effective antidepressant which many people use with benefit. Why not try it, as recommended, and give it a week or two, to see if it suits you ?

1