Question
Posted by: Marjorie | 2012-07-24

PTSD, BPD, Major Depression, Self Harm

I am diagnose with above mentioned. My question: Is extreme sex addiction a form of self harm? Is there any books to read on the subject?

Sex addiction is a highly suspicious and controversial diagnosis not officially recognized at this point, and too often made by people who simply choose not to behave sensibly in their sex lives, but would prefer to take no personal responsibility for their choices and actions. Obviously, extreme promiscuity is in various ways risky even dangerous behaviour, and can indeed often be self-harmful.
A concurrent diagnosis of major depression AND Bipolar disorder is rather unusual, and I hope that the PTSD also was properly diagnosed. Such a complex mix of problems should of course not be being diagnosed or handled by a GP, and I hope you are seeing a proper, expert and experienced sp[ecialist psychiatrist for the diagnosis and treatment planning

1